Saturday, January 24, 2015

ON FILM: Inherent Vice (2014)

What if Max California wasn't murdered but later travelled to 1970?
I bought Thomas Pynchon's seminal novel Gravity's Rainbow several years ago. I had wanted to read it for the longest time, but was kinda/sorta intimidated by the very thought of reading and re-reading passages too impenetrable for my pretentious albeit underfed brain. Anyway, last year I tried to buy it again on Amazon because I actually forgot I'd already done so--- but the page did that thing where it gave me a link to my previous order history. Thank goodness I was logged in to my Amazon account or I'd have two unread copies on my shelf. Inherent Vice is rated R and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson with a running time of 148 minutes. Distributed by Warner Brothers. 6/5 stars

No comments: